This cemetery is the second oldest cemetery in Arlington. Gifted by Mr. and Mrs. Ephriam E. Greenlee in 1854 the Episcopal Church and Cemetery were established in 1881.
The chapel stood until 1928 when gail winds slightly moved it off its foundation. A replica of the chapel was erected in 2017 and stands in it's place with the original steps. The cemetery is maintained by the APTA and contains graves dating back to 1883.
Having a big sale, on-site celebrity, or other event? Be sure to announce it so everybody knows and gets excited about it.
In Haysville, TN (Now Arlington) in 1890, Perkins White operated the blacksmith shop located in the same spot it is now in Historic Depot Square. The building deteriorated throughout the years, but the local historic preservation group, The Arlington Chapter of the Association for the Preservation of Tennessee Antiquities restored it in 1993 using many of the wood pieces from the original building. Today it stands as a representation of the past and has the original hand made bellows that have been restored and dated back to the 1700's, considered possibly the oldest bellows in the nation.
The towns first post office was located in the row of businesses facing the railroad tracks in the area known as Historic Depot Square. The first Postmaster was Daniel Kerum in 1866. The location of the post office has changed throughout the years. For a while the building was purchased by C.C. Keathley and used as his residence while he ran a business located in front of the old post office. In 1984 the original post office was donated to the town by Stanley D. and Elizabeth C. Osborne.
In 1989 The Arlington Chapter of the Association for the Preservation of Tennessee Antiquities moved the building to it's current location, restored it, and dedicated it to the town on June 30, 1991/ The APTA currently operates and maintains the post office.
The Harrell Farm Log Cabin is dated back to the mid-1800's and served as the cook's residence at the Harrell Farm. The farm was located on Harrell Road and spread across the two counties of Shelby and Fayette. In 1921 the family of William Jacob and Addie LaRue Harrell left their farm and moved to Forrest Street taking the cabin along with them were it continued to act as the cooks residence for many years.
In 1991 Miss Addie Lee Harrell gave the Arlington Fire Department permission to burn the cabin as a training exercise. However at the last minute the cabin was saved by a member of the APTA. The cabin was dismantled and moved to it's current location on the Historic Depot Square where it still stands to this day. remained as the cook's house.